Sunday, January 16, 2011

You don't know Jack

I spent some time this weekend reviewing some of my worst & best trades in the past month. One that really stuck out in terms of gains in LEARNING was with my trade(s) in JOE (Saint Joe Company).

In late 2010, I was short JOE - that is what the chart was telling me, and I didn't see any reason to believe otherwise. However, I came across a tweet that @toddsullivan was going to be doing one of his shows where he was going to cover a JOE presentation. Excellent.

The information provided was incredibly valuable, but man was I now a nervous short! LOL

I took several days to digest what I learned from his review and decided that I would cover the trade. This was during the middle of December, and the chart was just flagging anyway. I continued to watch the chart to see it find a nice new base - buyers where coming in. I began a long position, scaling in, as the chart began to firm up. I had a full position right before the end of the year.



I have been amazed at the strength of the stock this year so far, but feel that my gains in learning here are just as important as the gains in stock price.

Now I do know JOE.

No comments:

Post a Comment